Inner Beauty

Posted on

What is beauty? Is beauty the darkness or length of your mascara?  Is it the way your new colored contacts shine in the moonlight? Is it the fake hair extensions that accentuate your real hair? Or is it the heavy amounts of powdered foundation that masks someone’s inner beauty? Well think about it like this, even though what looks on the outside may be attractive to the eye, the looks on the inside are what captivates the heart.

Who cares about the blemishes or boils on the surface of your face? Or the dry/discolored patches on your skin? Ok no more questions…But what I’m trying to say is that you shouldn’t try to conceal your imperfections. I’m not saying that girls should ban makeup from their everyday life, but its the personality and the heart that really excites.

Take me for example. Being the imperfect girl that I am, I’ve been blessed with a mouth full of braces, incredibly dry hair, and the best of all—eczema. Eczema is a very common skin disease that creates and spreads a canvas of bumps, cracks, dry patches, and rashes across my whole body—how fun! However, over the years, I’ve learned to deal with my flaws and realize that they mold me into the person that I am today. No matter what, I will always have awesome friends that love me for who I am, not for what I look like. 

Have you ever heard the saying don’t judge a book by its cover? Well that’s exactly what real beauty is. Just because someone has attraction on the outside, doesn’t necessarily mean they have attraction on the inside.

To conclude, beauty can come in a variety of forms. It can resemble large doses of makeup that supersedes someone’s natural beauty. Or it can be the lightness in someone’s heart that really shines through. Once in while it’s good to accessorize with a little lipstick or mascara, but take some time to unplug, and let the world see your inner beauty come to life.