Expository Writing: Why Chocolate Is Sooooooo Enjoyable

I was having a horrible day until I popped that little square piece of heaven in my mouth-the silky smooth candy resurrected me. Oh chocolate is truly amazing!

For instance, there are endless types to satisfy your taste buds. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, mint chocolate— you’ll never get bored when each new flavor is even better than the last. My mouth waters just thinking about it! No matter who you are, there’s bound to be a chocolate that’s right for you.

In addition to the countless varieties, the way chocolate makes you feel can turn any frown upside down. After a stressful day at school, with boatloads of homework, or maybe after an exhausting sports practice. Chocolate is a great was to unwind. For me, it’s a perfect remedy for too much “school-iosis”. It can also leave some people just plain giddy; I think Willy Wonka from the well known classic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factroy, is Exhibit A. You might be mad or sad but no matter what mood you’re in, chocolate will always leave you with a smile on your face.

I could eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but of course too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. As I always say, a piece of chocolate a day keeps the bad thoughts away. So anyways, chocolate can be…ugh, you know what I’m gonna grab some chocolate right now.

Made by: Allyson and Catherine

5 thoughts on “Expository Writing: Why Chocolate Is Sooooooo Enjoyable

1. This makes me want to go buy a year supply of chocolate! I think you’re totally right about how chocolate can brighten a stressful day at school—especially when you’ve got a frown on your face. Also love how you made scoliosis into “school-iosis”! 🙂

2. I love chocolate too! My favorite flavor is dark chocolate. It really is bittersweet~the perfect combination of sugar and bitterness to shave off the extra sweetness. Not to sugary, not too bitter…the mixture of both condensed and sold in cute, delicious, squares. 😀

3. Chocolate is really great, like you said, “a chocolate a day keeps the bad thoughts away.” My all time favorite is definitely white chocolate. I think I am suffering from a terrible case of “school-iosis,” so now I know the cure! 🙂

4. Chocolate is life. I enjoyed this post a lot. I loved when you said “the silky smooth candy resurrected me.” I can totally relate to this. Personally, I only like milk chocolate, but I love white chocolate on pretzels. Living in a chocolate house would be awesome— just not probably in Texas :).